Family Photographer Olympia WA, thank you so much for stopping by. We want to be able to help you with your session. Here on this page are some testimonials and tips on a family session.
“Shanna is so joyful, you can’t help but smile as she photographs you! Her pictures are amazing and beautiful. She is creative, flexible, and everything you could want in a professional photographer. You will love working with her!” – Crystal Mazzuca
Family Photographer Olympia WA, we love helping families get great portraits done as quickly as possible. One of our family sessions only took 30 minutes! So if your looking for fast we can help with that.
If your looking for fun, we can help with that. If your looking for your young ones to be free in nature whether its running in the field or climbing a tree we are the ones for you!
“Shanna is simply a fantastic photographer! She brings out the light in people and then transfers it into her photos for you to enjoy over and over. I’m so thankful for the many special moments that she’s preserved so beautifully for me and my family. On top of all that praise she’s also an exceptional professional, trustworthy, genuine and easy to work with.” – Lynda Zeman
Our family photography service includes the following:
- 1hr session on location: we feel this is enough time to relax and get comfy with each other. Often you will hear me say one more when really I mean ten more.
- lighting to your session: we have invested in portable lights thus helping us get a consistent look that can not only create good lighting on your face in the dark but compliment the already exsisiting light too.
- all images on an online cloud: this is accesable to anyone with the link and password. If you want to share the images with other family members this is easily done.
- images are delivered 1-2weeks after your session. But if you are in a rush please let us know and we can do that for a small additional fee.
“I’ve heard great things about Shanna’s work so when I won a package with her at an auction I was elated. With 2 young kids it’s not easy keeping them interested or entertained, Shanna was able to capture every piece of chaos that keeps me on my toes daily which is exactly what I wanted. Real and raw moments to keep. With having these moments and at a location special to my heart was perfect. I am beyond excited to get her work on some canvases for our home. Thank you SPP!” – Amber, Family Photographs
Tips for your family session:
- embrace bright colors in one half and the neutral in the other. Whether this means bright shirts and “neutral” jeans or bright pink pants with a black blouse, this combo will surely make the shoot exciting!
- thinking on a great location. We have so many options in this wonderful state! Parks, fields, water views, downtown, the capital or something more personal. The more unique to you or meaningful the better. Just got your first home? That’s a great place to photograph at. New cabin? New boat? Lets go for a ride!
- meditate if you need to. The first time I hired someone to do our portrait I was so stressed out but after getting through that I decided to just let go the anxiety and see what we get.
- when in doubt give out candy halfway through. We all know what happens when we give kiddos sugar. Crazy eyes and excitement happen, they wont always have that reaction so lets embrace it at the end and have some fun. One family brought smarties and fed it to the kiddos through the session, there were smiles all around.
“I can’t think of a better time than what Shanna was able to give my family during our shoot today. Friendly and personable, I knew it was going to be a great experience when I said to my wife, “She already feels like a family friend!”. Very professional while also very relaxed, she was able to make our children have a great time, which is no small feat. Definitely going to her for future photos.” – Jason, Family Photographs
How it works:
- Reach out to us through our contact section, often at the bottom of the page or click the button contact.
- Know if you want a weekend or weekday.
- If you have a date or two in mind let us know.
- After we chat via email or phone we will invoice you for a 50% non-refundable deposit. Don’t worry we know the pandemic and general life happens we can always reschedule.
- The day of the session the remaining 50% is due.
- We invoice via Square, you will get an email, when you open it you will be able to pay online.
- We blog a little sneak peek.
- Once we have edited the rest of the images you will receive a link to a gallery from which you can download and share.
“Thank you SHANNA! I could not love these more. You captured everything our family is love.” – Katie, Family Photographs