High School Senior Session at Sunset Olympia
High School Senior Session at Sunset Olympia, a walk in the park, smoke grenades, three outfit changes, a great sunset made for an awesome session!
This session had smoke grenades, they are wonderful! Here’s what you need to know about smoke grenades:
- I will probably be with one pulling the cord.
- Look happy or serious but maintain the feeling or intention as best you can. Sometimes you might wanna be serious but the smoke really creates a sense of wonder.
- I shout a lot during this minute and a half so that you can hear me but really so that I can direct you as clearly as possible. The smoke can create a thick cloud in front of your face which we don’t really want.
- Moving somewhat slow is a good idea. Moving with intention is even better.
- If you want smoke grenades at your session tell me so I can order them ahead of time as I can only get them from one place and because its marked as an “explosive” it needs to go through the mail in a particular way.
- At the end of the smoke being released the tube will be hot. We will talk about where to place/drop the hot grenade just before we pull the cord.
- Keep smoke away from your eyes as much as possible.
How we prepare for a High School Senior Session at Sunset Olympia:
- This is something that needs to be talked about ahead of time. Not everyone desires one so knowing about it ahead of time allows us to prepare.
- When this is mentioned I look at projected sunset time and we plan the session accordingly.
- Even if we have talked about it…it might not happen as you envision There may be a very thick cloud cover which makes it very tricky to capture pinks/ purples/ oranges etc.
- However, it still can be quite beautiful, check out this session to get a comparison. The white clouds became bright moody blue. https://shannapaxton.co/2021/08/high-school-senior-photographer-olympia-beach/
- We need to typically go to the Sound, ocean or a viewpoint that’s really high so that we have “access” to the sky.
- If we are at a place that has gates that close, like Priest Point Park, we need to high tail it outta there so that we don’t get locked in. We made it out with seemingly plenty of time…but I feel like “twilight” is subjective
Other High School Senior Sessions: